Oral and Maxillofacial department provides services for patients who require surgery around the face and mouth. Specifically it provides the following:
• Diagnosis and treatment of cancer of the skin of the face, head and neck
• Diagnosis and treatment of cancer of the mouth and lips
• Treatment for patients who suffer fractures of the facial skeleton and jaws
• Treatment for patients with facial or jaw deformity
• Treatment for patients with benign or cancerous conditions of the salivary glands
• Removal of impacted or buried teeth
• Diagnosis of facial pain and jaw joint dysfunction
Whilst on placement the individual will assist and observe the various staff learning about Maxillo-facial/Orthodontic work by observing consultations/treatments. Individuals will learn about hygiene and protocol, research work, and gain a basic insight into this specialist area in a controlled working environment. Other tasks may include sorting records for clinics, general and related admin duties and liaising between departments etc.
Due to the nature of the service, individuals are informed that the placement is mainly observational.View all work placements
What are you interested in?
Good things are worth sharing. Tell a colleague or friend about usRecommend a friend