This one day placement will provide the student with an overview of the Health Records Department and the patient admissions process.
The Health Records Department consists of a group of dedicated health records professionals based on the four main ULHT Trust sites of Boston, Grantham, Lincoln and Louth. They manage 6 separate libraries and maintain in excess of 1 million patient records.
The department is responsible for the management of accurate information to support the delivery of high-quality evidence-based healthcare and many other key service deliverables within the Trust.
During the day, individuals may assist with a range of administrative and support tasks.
These may include:
• Learning about the patient admissions process
• Health Records source and retrieval
• General filing tasks - replacing files in the library
• Locating and collating files for future clinics
• Sourcing files for other hospital staff
• And more...
What are you interested in?
Good things are worth sharing. Tell a colleague or friend about usRecommend a friend