Endoscopy is a diagnostic test performed using a camera within a thin scope. The procedure aids the clinical management of patients under the care of consultants and GP’s.
The student will be given a timetable at the start of the placement which will include various tasks and observations within the department, these may include:
• Assist in admission of patients prior to procedures
• Gain an overview of the patient pathway from admission to recovery
• Insight into respiratory procedures - Assisting a nurse in Bronchoscopies
• Work along supervisor to spend time in a mixed GI list (with the patients and consultants consent) observing several cases to get an insight into the procedures.
• Learning about the role of the Scrub Nurse
• And more...
What are you interested in?
Good things are worth sharing. Tell a colleague or friend about usRecommend a friend